* Responsible for all technical direction of the IBM Interactive Kiosk Software Practice and
successfully transitioned the team to a Ruby on Rails based development platform. Spearheaded adoption of multiple distributed kiosk architectures. Developed custom hardware device drivers in multiple languages.
* Helped establish IBM Interactive as the Ruby on Rails subject matter experts within the greater IBM development community. Lead development on multiple Rails projects, as well as leading mentoring, education and sales engagements surrounding Agile development.
* Core member of the IBM Interactive Technical Leadership Team, which was responsible for shaping a consistent technical strategy, direction, and message across all IBM Interactive practices.
* Worked closely with IBM Research in productizing multiple research projects for the greater business marketplace.
Example project work:
* http://maps.lacounty.gov - GIS (geographic information system) mash-up utilizing data from the Google Maps API and existing legacy systems. The application is a first of it's kind Rails deployment on z/Linux running on IBM zSeries 990 mainframes
* http://nmaahc.si.edu - Fully moderated community-based website that utilizes many Web 2.0 mechanisms including user submitted content (photos, audio and text), tagging and favorites.
* http://recyclebank.com - Developed a Ruby on Rails powered incentive based recycling kiosk. Seth showed architectural leadership by creating API specifications (and implementations) for both backend XML-RPC services and client-side kiosk device code.
* http://eternalegypt.org - Integral member of a specialized IBM team that developed a complex real-time 3D kiosk application. Kiosks deployed worldwide in participating museums and allow visitors to explore ancient Egyptian landmarks in real-time 3D.